Literary and Art Submission Guidelines
- Caesura welcomes literary and art submissions from all Indiana Wesleyan University and Marion High School students.
- To submit, visit https://caesuraliterarymagazine.submittable.com/submit
- Each submitter must create a Submittable profile or log in to an existing Submittable account and follow the instructions. There is no cost to submit to Caesura.
- We accept literary submissions of poetry, prose, short fiction and creative nonfiction. Because of space constraints, each individual literary piece must be less than 2000 words. We do not accept research essays and screenplays, and we cannot publish pieces that contain profanity. Each literary piece should be saved in Rich Text Format (.rtf) and should be clearly titled.
- We accept art submissions in all media, including painting, photography, design, sculpture, etc. Each art piece should be saved as a .tiff or .eps and should be clearly titled.
- Each submitter will need to write a cover letter (an example is provided on the submission form) that lists his or her name, email address, a short biography (less than 75 words), and the titles of all submitted pieces.
- An individual may submit up to 5 pieces total, which can be all literary pieces, all art pieces, or a mix of both.
- The cover letter does not count as 1 of the 5 pieces.
- The submitter’s name should not appear anywhere on the submissions besides the cover letter.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 11:59 PM on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12th